Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Disney's First African American Cartoon


Congrats to Disney!! They have released word on their new film coming out December 11, 2009. What's so special about this? ITS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN cartoon!! I'm so happy the Disney decided to do something like this. Before, I never really noticed that all the past cartoons were Caucasian because animals and such would be a part of the cartoon line. My favorite has always been the Lion King. I don't know if this movie will take its place, but I'll certainly be seeing it when it hits theaters.


The movie is about a girl name Tiana, who finds out about a witch's spell who turned Prince Naveen into a frog. In order to break the spell, she must kiss the frog. But instead of the spell holding it's true word, she turns into a frog herself!! The two must go on a journey as frogs to reach the good voodoo priestess of the Bayou, who's name is Mama Odie. Their journey and new acquaintances are the plot of the movie.
I love the style and look Disney gave all the characters!! Everybody is beautiful! I think Prince Naveen is handsome and Tiana doesn't have a ghetto look about her, but still looks and fits the role that she has been given. This is a classy and sophisticated spin and I love it.


1 comment: